Question about details of __import__

Mitko Haralanov mitko at qlogic.com
Thu Mar 29 14:56:54 EDT 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:43:46 -0300
"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Surely there is a ./resources/__init__.py too?

There sure is:
./resources/__init__.py is:
__all__ = ['simple', 'other']

> You may check if this is the case, looking at sys.modules

I did look at sys.modules but I wasn't sure what to look for. There was
a log module in the list but what else should I look for?

> Anyway you could import the package and lookup the module inside
> using getattr:
>
> import resources
> name = "simple"
> module = getattr(resources, name)
> self.rs = module.Resource()

Since the ./resources/__init__.py does not actually import any of the
modules below it, this trick won't work but just for an experiment,
I'll change the code and try it.

Mitko Haralanov					 mitko at qlogic.com
Senior Software Engineer			     650.934.8064
System Interconnect Group		    http://www.qlogic.com