Need help with a string plz! (newbie)

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Mar 12 11:21:57 EDT 2007

On 2007-03-12, Hendrik van Rooyen <mail at microcorp.co.za> wrote:

>> > YOW! - some recognition at last!
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I see somebody pays attention to sigs -- which, BTW, are old quotes
>> from the Zippy the Pinhead comic strip. www.zippythepinhead.com
>
> Thanks for that - I was wondering where you got hold of the skewed
> thinking which I enjoy reading so much.

I grabbed the file full of quotes from the emacs distribution
back around 1990, so that's why the pop-culture references are
a bit dated.  I don't know if emacs still includes Zippy quotes
(of if they've been updated), but you used to be able to do
"esc-X yow" and emacs would show you a random Zippy quote.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Jesus is my
                                  at               POSTMASTER GENERAL...