Python threading

test.07 at gmail.com test.07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:25:02 EST 2007

I am wondering what happens to a thread in python in relation to
win32com extensions.

If I create a new thread, that uses the Dispatch method from win32com,
what happens to the memory allocated in that thread when the thread is
done. Will the Dispatch release the memory it created, or will the
memory remain?

The problem rises from the fact that Dispatch does not seem to release
memory correctly every time. If I include the commands in a thread by
themselves, will the thread clean up ALL memory it used after it is
done?

I did try the pythoncom.CoUnitialize() to release memory, but it
doesn't seem to work (it does work about 30-45 seconds after the
command is run).

Any input is greatly appreciated (on the thread issue or how to use
the pythoncom.CoUnitiliaze() to make it release memory right away).

Thank you in advance!