[Edu-sig] minimum age to learn python (a.k.a graphical vs text languages)

Peter Chase pchase at sulross.edu
Sun Mar 18 20:51:29 EDT 2007

I used to judge science fairs in the DC area.  There were junior and
senior divisions, and the junior division age range was from 6th to 9th
grades.  At the time I got the occasional project written in Basic, many
of which were very interesting.  I would think that Python would easily
outclass Basic!  It would depend entirely upon the individual student.  HTH