thread and portability Unix/Linux

awalter1 alain.walter at thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 7 05:54:26 EST 2007

Hi,
I have a Python application that runs under HPUX 11.11 (then unix). It
uses threads :
from threading import Thread
# Class Main
class RunComponent(Thread):

My application should run under Linux (red hat 3 ou 4) and I read that
differences exist between the implementation of threads : on HPUX
11.11 there is CMA (ou DCE) threads and on Linux POSIX thread. Do you
think that my Python application should be modified or may be such
differences are hidden by the python interpreter ?
In other terms, do I get some risks on this particular aspect by
porting my application ?
Thanks a lot

PS: If you are aware of other risk of porting, I am interested too.