Join strings - very simple Q.

Paulo da Silva psdasilvaX at esotericaX.ptX
Sat Mar 24 10:32:07 EDT 2007

John Machin escreveu:
..

> Python 2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
> Help on built-in function join:
>
> join(...)
>     S.join(sequence) -> string
>
>     Return a string which is the concatenation of the strings in the
>     sequence.  The separator between elements is S.
>

> OK, I'll bite: This was "new" in late 2000 when Python 2.0 was
> released. Where have you been in the last ~6.5 years?

In a response to one of my posts I was told 'string' is
obsolet. 'string' was enough for me, but if it is obsolet
then there should be a *new* way, isn't it? The *new*
way I was told to use is "str methods".
I tried that *new* way to do *old* 'string' job. Voila
the reason of my so pertinent question.

I am deeply sorry to have disturbed you in your python's heaven.

Next time I'll read all books available, all texts including
the python formal description before
posting, or perhaps it would be better and more simple if you
just ignore my posts.

Bye.
Paulo