Zip file writing progress (callback proc)

irstas at gmail.com irstas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:03:49 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 4:41 pm, durumdara <durumd... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to check my zip file writings.
> I need some callback procedure to show a progress bar.
> Can I do that?
> I don't want to modify the PyLib module to extend it, because if I get
> another py, the changes are lost.
> This happening too if I copy the zip module to modify it.
> Any solution?
>
> Thanks for it:
>     dd

Would it be enough to show progress based on how many files have
been added to the zip? If you're zipping just one huge file, I'm
afraid you can't get a progress bar using the zipfile module.

If it's not necessary that the one file is a zip but simply
compressed,
you can use zlib or bz2 modules to compress incrementally:
http://www.python.org/doc/lib/node303.html