about application deployment

Alessandro de Manzano ale at unixmania.net
Fri Mar 9 10:53:57 EST 2007

Hello,

I'ld ask you all about deployment of python applications.

Sometimes (if not most times..) I would make deployment easy (easier)
for my customers (and for me too...)

What I mean, would be very useful to have a "jar-like" archive/single
file / multiple platform in order to deploy also complex applications
with many modules.

I know about "py2exe", it's nice but it's Windows only, I would need
something multiplatform or at least available also for other platforms
(*nix, Mac maybe, ...)

My impression is that Python is a great language but a bit "messy"
about on field deployment...

What am I missing ? :)
What are your experiences (and solutions ?) for this issues ?

Many thanks in advance!

bye!

Ale