#!/usr/bin/env python > 2.4?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Mar 20 12:55:20 EDT 2007

rh0dium wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> OK I love the logging module.  I use it everywhere.  I was happily
> putting at the top of each of my scripts
>
> ------<snip>------
> #!/usr/bin/env python2.4

[...]
> But now you guys continued to make this cool language and 2.5 came
> out. Great now how do I put /usr/bin/env python>2.4?
>
> Or can you suggest a better way to skin this cat?
>
> Thanks again!!

The usual way is something like

#!/usr/bin/env python

Python usually installs so the latest version gets linked as
/usr/bin/python. HTere's no need to bind your scripts to a particular
version.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden