Server-side script takes way too long to launch

Teresa Hardy thardy99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:05:16 EDT 2007

I have a webpage calling a python script, using Apache
server....http://localhost/cgi-bin/mycode.py?dmn
I am using Firefox, WindowsXP Python 2.4

I can count to 13 from the time I click to the time the browser finds the
path.

The python runs okay when I finally get to it. In the first step it just
launches a Flash file. I benchmarked the time thru the python code and it
isn't the slow part. It's the launch. Forgive me if I am not explaining this
well. I am pretty much teaching myself...fumbling thru the process.

Any suggestions on how to speed up the first step?

Thanks,
Teresa