most complete xml package for Python?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Mar 15 13:44:19 EDT 2007

metaperl schrieb:
> On Mar 14, 5:34 pm, "John Machin" <sjmac... at lexicon.net> wrote:
>

>> Given keywords like "Amara" and "Elementtree" and past history, it
>> looked to me like a troll of one kind trying to incite a troll of
>> another kind to pop out from under the bridge and chew on his
>> ankle :-)
>
> Well, I'm not a troll. And I am now even less impressed with
> ElementTree. It does not preserve the document but reforms it in
> certain cases.
>
> <script></script>
>
> gets rewritten as
>
> <script />
>
> which leads to problems when embedding Dojo Rich Text Editors.

Beside the fact that this is a problem of browsers (which won't help you
much, as you have to deal with this somehow, blaming browsers alone
isn't solving problems I'm just too aware of), I wonder: which XML
framework _does_ preserve such tags?

I can't imagine a way of doing so as a DOM node is a DOM node. I could
only create a custom renderer for HTML to circumvene that specific
pitfall - but then, you could also create a post-rendering filter
regex-based that expands the script-tags

Diez