Recommended FastCGI module?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Mar 7 12:41:18 EST 2007

John Nagle wrote:
>    What's the recommended FastCGI module for Python.  There are at least five:
>
> 	The Robin Dunn / Total Control Software version:
> 	http://alldunn.com/python/fcgi.py
>       	Last revised in 1998.

we are using a slightly modified and modernized version of the above in a front
facing app for a large company with reasonable results. Our decision was
prompted by a consultant who wanted more speed, but it turned out the original
traffic assumptions were wrong so the small advantage over CGI isn't actually
needed. At the back end we're using apache+mod_fastcgi and choosing the
configuration parameters was the main difficulty.

Using fcgi did induce some fairly careful code consideration to ensure we could
rerun without blowing up the universe.
--
Robin Becker