Shed Skin Python-to-C++ Compiler 0.0.21, Help needed

Paul Rubin http
Sat Mar 31 21:24:31 EDT 2007

"Paul McGuire" <ptmcg at austin.rr.com> writes:
> Why would that be?  GPL'ed code libraries can be a turn-off for those
> who want to release commercial products using them, but a GPL'ed
> utility such as a compiler bears no relationship or encumbrance on the
> compiled object code it generates.

For some of us, doing volunteer work on non-GPL projects is a
turn-off.  I don't mind writing code that goes into proprietary
products, but I expect to get paid for it just like the vendors of the
products expect to get paid.  If I'm working for free I expect the
code to stay free.  This is why I don't contribute code to Python on
any scale.