Any module to parse httpd.conf?

Ger Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 04:00:32 EST 2007

On 6 Mar 2007 02:03:33 -0800, Gerard Flanagan <grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk> >>wrote: Hello,

Jeff McNeil <jeff at jmcneil.net> wrote:> I looked at http://www.python.org/pypi/httpdrun not so long ago, it > > > might be able to do what you want. I think it was a bit hard to read.  > > Remember that with Apache you (may) also need to worry about > > > configuration merges and whatnot (<Directory>, <VirtualHost>, .htaccess, and so on...).

> What specifically do you want to do? There are a lot of ways to do a > lot of things with Apache.  If you're looking to create virtual hosts, take a look at mod_vhost_alias or some RewriteRule magic.  You're > configuration could be pretty simplified and reduced to updating a gdbm > file or creating a directory?

Jeff

 Thanks Jeff,

At the minute I'm creating a httpd.conf from a template, but at some point the procedure will be completely automated and I may need to merge a generated httpd.conf with an existing one. (This is IHS but I'm told it's identical to Apache as far as httpd.conf is concerned). I don't know where gdbm fits in but I'll look into it.

Thanks for the reply.

Gerard