cgi python

Piyali Biswas piyali.biswas at igib.res.in
Mon Mar 26 02:39:51 EDT 2007

Hi Christian,

I have seen your well-solved cgi-python answers. That's why I think you
would be able to answer my query related to the same.

I am writing a cgi program and placing it in cgi-bin folder of Apache
Server. Now I have written a python script in the same folder to
generate a graph 'genebarchart.py'.

When I run this program from shell, i.e.,

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>python genebarchart.py

it runs well and creates the graph in htdocs folder as I save the graph
there using a save command within the python script, but when I use the
os.system command to call the python script within the cgi-code, i.e.,

os.system ("python genebarchart.py")

as both the scripts are in the same folder, it doesn't creates the graph
in htdocs folder. Can u please tell me why?

Thanks,

Piyali