ZSI, SOAP and .NET web services - problem

Jaroslaw Zabiello hipertracker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:54:31 EDT 2007

I try to connect to web services (written in C#/.NET) with latest ZSI
2.0rc3 library. It just does not work.

from ZSI.ServiceProxy import ServiceProxy
wsdl = 'http://192.168.0.103/NewWebServices/TemplateInsert.asmx?wsdl'
print ServiceProxy(wsdl, tracefile=sys.stdout)

"C:\opt\Python25\lib\site-packages\zsi-2.0_rc3-py2.5.egg\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py",
line 1116, in getAddressBinding
WSDLError: No address binding found in port.

This pythonic library must be stupid, because I have no problem to connect
with... Ruby:

require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
require 'rexml/document'
wsdl = 'http://192.168.0.103/NewWebServices/TemplateInsert.asmx?wsdl'
soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl).create_rpc_driver
#soap.wiredump_file_base = 'soapresult'
p soap.templateInsert('')

It is a shame why Python still has so poor SOAP implementation. Ruby has
SOAP in *standard library*, Python - not. Even PHP5 has very good SOAP
library built in.

I tried to use different library - SOAPpy, but I couldn't. It requires
fpconst library which cannot be installed because its server does not
respond at all. What a shit...

Why nobody wants to add SOAP to standard Python library? XML-RPC was added
and it works without any problems.

--
Jarosław Zabiełło
http://blog.zabiello.com