Help Deciphering Code

Bryan Leber btl at fischerinternational.com
Mon Mar 5 08:55:20 EST 2007

Good Morning,

I am learning python and I am having to make some changes on an existing
python script. What happens is that one scripts creates an xml document
that looks like this:

<CommitOperation
file="IPM2.1/Identity/IdentityWebApp/Source/com/fisc/prioss/dataservice/
component/profile ProfileUtil.java" message="PATCH_BRANCH: N/A
BUG_NUMBER: N/A FEATURE_AFFECTED: N/A OVERVIEW: Changes for not
including the product configuration account, idmconfig in searches. ""
module="IPM2.1"

The first attribute "file" as you can see shows the path where the file
is and then a space and the actual file name. This is put into a
variable named file. Then in the script, there is a method called that
passes in this variable. The first line in the method called is this:

          reg = re.compile(r'[\\]+[ ]+')

I'm not 100% sure what this is doing, but I believe it is trying to
parse the file variable so that you only get the file name. It is weird
because this had been working just fine until about 2 months ago then it
just started not parsing anything. If anyone can help please help:-)

Thanks,

Bryan Leber

Developer

Fischer International Corporation

www.fischerinternational.com <http://www.fischerinternational.com>

bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com
<mailto:bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com>

Cell:(239)963-5267

Secure Your Risk. Increase Your Bottom Line. (tm)

This mail message may contain confidential and privileged information from Fischer International which is
protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution by any means is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.