problem at installing phyton on windows

Hertha Steck nulla.epistola at web.de
Sun Mar 25 15:55:30 EDT 2007

gslm schrieb:
> First, thaks a lot.
> But I'm sorry.I haven't understood what i must do for ruunnig phyton
> command.I delete path from proportiesof my computer.Then i open
> command line of phyton.But when i write phyton these view below:
> Traceback<most recent call last>:
> File "<stdin>"; line 1 in <module>
> NameError: name phyton is not defined

Such an answer comes from Python, I think you must already be in the
interactive interpreter. Do you see something similar to this, with your
cursor after the ">>>"?

Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Oct  6 2006, 15:22:41)
[GCC 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu4)] on linux2

At this point you can enter valid Python statements, but you can't call
Python from Python (wouldn't make sense anyway).

I'd look at this page first:

http://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

HTH
Hertha