Anything available that can read Microsoft .MDB files from Python?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Mon Mar 19 15:08:55 EDT 2007

   I'm looking for something that can read .MDB files, the format
Microsoft Access uses, from Python.  I need to do this on
Linux, without using Microsoft tools.  I just need to read
the files once, so I can load the tables into another database.
Speed isn't an issue, and I don't need to access the file in
database fashion.  The files are too big to read into RAM all at once,
though.

   I tried "MDBtools", but the only (last) release was
a pre-release three years ago, and I've encountered
many build problems trying to make it work on Fedora
Core 6.

				John Nagle