New to Python - Easy way to open a text file

Max Steel maxsteel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:19:32 EDT 2007

Nope. that's not what i mean...

Here's a quick run down:

edna, is a python mp3 server. (.py)

What it does is searches directories for:
1) mp3s
2) jpgs
3) mp3us
4) txt files
5) other folders

What I'd like it to do, is upon finding a folder, with a .txt file in it (in
my case is probably an album review from AMG), is to take the contents of
that text file and display it on the same page as the album, the artwork
etc..

I think the gang that has helped me so far, is pointing me in the right
direction.  I just need to figure out how this template is used.

I'll have some time on sunday to play with the "simple" code that they've
provided.  I will post my results.

Thanks again to all who has helped me thus far,
.\\ax

news:1175289887.510619.166280 at e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...