why brackets & commas in func calls can't be ommited? (maybe it could be PEP?)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:50:07 EDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> I looked to the PEPs & didn't find a proposition to remove brackets &
> commas for to make Python func call syntax caml- or tcl- like: instead
> of
> result = myfun(param1, myfun2(param5, param8), param3)
> just make possible using
> result =  myfun param1 (myfun2 param5 param8) param3

You should really post this somewhere that Guido will see it so he can
add it to PEP 3099: "Things that will Not Change in Python 3000".
Really, there's no way this is going to fly, so you might as well drop
it or write your own language.

STeVe

P.S. If you use IPython, I believe you can get some of this.