[JOB] Sr. Python Developer, Northern VA

Chuck Rhode CRhode at LacusVeris.com
Fri Mar 23 22:58:23 EDT 2007

John J. Lee wrote this on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:16:13 +0000.  My reply is
below.

> I sympathise but conventional wisdom (which surely has a lot of
> truth in it) is that employers are not faced with the problem of
> minimising false negatives (failing to hire when they should have
> hired).  They are faced with the problem of minimising false
> positives (hiring when they should not have hired).  That's a gross
> simplification of course, but I'm sure you appreciate the point --
> if you're hiring employees, being fairly risk-averse is probably
> quite rational.

... so what's this we hear of employers' (in the US) being so starved
for talent that they're willing to bring in young men from overseas
with 3.5 kids and 1.5 wives?

--
.. Chuck Rhode, Sheboygan, WI, USA
.. Weather:  http://LacusVeris.com/WX