getopt or optparse options/arguments wrapping?

Rocky Zhou chowroc.z at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:34:29 EDT 2007

I wonder is there any way to make the wrapper program can wrap options
&& arguments for the  the  subprocess/command the wrapper will
execute? by getopt or optparse module?

This is something like the shell script like this:
optwrap=""
while [ $# -gt 0 ]; do
   case $1 in
       -a) do-something; shift
       ;;
       -b) do-something; shift
       ;;
       *)  optwrap="$optwrap $1 $2"
          # collect the option and argument
           shift
       ;;
   esac
   shift
done

$command $optwrap
# execute the command with $optwrap as subprocess

I want that all the options and arguments which are feed to this
scripts command line will be used by executing the sub command.

I need this because I now have finished a fs_backup script written in
python, it will execute tar && find to complete full and
differentiating/incremental backup for the file system level files,
and their restoring. This script will do different things by the
command line arguments, and execute find/tar in different ways, but
for being more flexible, I want some options of tar/find can also been
specified from the command line directly, and the script just transmit
those to tar/find simply.

Is there anyone can give me some advices?

Thank you.