newbi question on python rpc server, how it works?

Goldfish gregturn at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 16:19:17 EDT 2007

> > I have a need where I need to create a layer of business logic that
> > will connect to mysql database at one end and a wxpython based thin
> > client at the other end.

Spring Python offers something similar (http://springpython.python-
hosting.com/wiki/DistributedRemoting) to link up clients withs
servers. You can code locally, and then when it is time to split
things up between different workstations, you can reconfigure the
networking.

There is a demo application, PetClinic (http://springpython.python-
hosting.com/wiki/PetClinic) that shows a database component, remoting
pieces, and finally a front end. The current version of PetClinic is a
web app. In the near future, we are planning to build a wxPython front
end to show more reusability of components.