Documentation for "str()" could use some adjustment - Unicode issue

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Tue Mar 20 22:58:49 EDT 2007

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
> > Are you looking at p. 109 of the 2nd edition of the Nutshell?
>
>     No, I'm looking at the original edition from 2003.  That
> was what Borders had in stock late last year.

Eeek -- the 2nd edition came out in July 2006, and several months later
Borders were STILL stocking the older, long-out-of-print one?!

I occasionally checked this summer and the Palo Alto and Sunnyvale
locations of Borders did seem to upgrade reasonably fast -- but maybe
that's just a Silicon Valley thing...?

Alex