build python on Celeron D

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:08:11 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 10:48 pm, Christian <ckk... at hoc.net> wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 89, in ?
>     setup_package()
>   File "setup.py", line 59, in setup_package
>     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
>   File "/mnt/home/ck/prog/scipy/numpy-1.0.1/numpy/__init__.py", line 36, in ?
>   File "numpy/core/__init__.py", line 5, in ?
>     import multiarray
> ImportError:
> /media/hda6/home/ck/prog/scipy/numpy-1.0.1/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined
> symbol: Py_InitModule4
>
> which is related to 32<->64 issues, right?

<http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread35987.html>

Do you have more than one Python installation on this machine? The
link above indicates that if you build NumPy with a different build of
Python than you will run it from, you will get this same error.
Granted, I'm sure there are many ways to get said error, but that was
the most obvious from a five minute search.

Alternatively, if you haven't done so already, you may want to mail
the numpy-discussion list.