multiple content-types break cgi.py

Janto Dreijer jantod at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:29:20 EST 2007

On Mar 4, 12:29 pm, Jon Ribbens <jon+use... at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <1173002603.690853.250... at p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, Janto Dreijer wrote:
> > The Nokia Java SDK allows one to define multiple content-types in a
> > single HTTP header field. I'm not sure if it's standard, but it's
> > happening from some Java-enabled phones.
>
> > The only reference to this "bug" I can find dates back to 1999:
> >http://tinyurl.com/3ahc3r
>
> It's not a bug - sending multiple content-types is just totally broken.
> What would such a header even be supposed to mean? It's like saying
> "this is an apple orange".

Hmmm. Thanks! I suspected as much.

Rough inspection suggests that calling
    connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/x-www-
form-urlencoded");
on the Nokia 6230 would actually cause the value to be *appended* and
not set.

Yuck! It looks like I'm going to have to keep a modified copy of
cgi.py if I want to support the phone. Or hack something on the Java
side.

Janto