Weekly Python Patch/Bug Summary

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Sat Mar 17 06:21:41 EDT 2007

At 01:32 AM 3/17/2007, Terry Reedy wrote:

>"Dick Moores" <rdm at rcblue.com> wrote in message
>news:20070317075121.565D11E4005 at bag.python.org...
>| May I ask a dumb question here? It isn't clear to me what to do with
>these patches. For most of them there is something like, "Committed as
>r54386 and r54387". I'm familiar with updating the editor Ulipad to the
>latest revision, using software such as TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN. Is that
>what is meant? And if so, what's the URL of the trunk?
>---------
>
>Yes, those are svn revision numbers.  Start at svn.python.org.

I thought I'd give
<http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release25-maint/>
(the latest release (plus bug fixes) of Python) a try. I first backed
up my Python25 folder (I'm using Win XP). Then with Python 25 open I
opened the Explorer context menu for the folder and then the
TortoiseSVN sub-menu. There doesn't seem to have a menu item that
will enable me to update. I tried Export... and entered
<http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release25-maint/> as
"URL of repository", but that choice seems to expect the Python25
folder to be empty. Can you tell me what to do to just update?

Dick