PythonCard or Dabo?

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:21:20 EDT 2007

On Mar 19, 10:24 am, Kevin Walzer <k... at codebykevin.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to know what others think of these two frameworks for
> building wxPython apps.
>
> PythonCard has been around longer, but its development seems to have
> slowed. The last release, 0.8.2, has been out for quite awhile now.
>
> Dabo is newer and seems to have gathered a lot of buzz.
>
> Anyone try both? What's your preference and why? Is one more robust than
> the other?
>
> --
> Kevin Walzer
> Code by Kevinhttp://www.codebykevin.com

It all depends on what your needs are.  I agree with Steve's comment
that the two packages has somewhat of a different application in
mind.  If you need a working GUI application working *really* quick, I
highly recommend Pythoncard - but if you need anything else, you might
look at other packages.

You might not see lots of development activities with Pythoncard but
sometimes not being the breeding edge has its place.