fine grain logging cotrol

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Mar 23 11:30:42 EDT 2007

Peter Otten wrote:
> Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>
> [in private mail -- please don't, Eric]

sorry.  my preference is for private mail.  it's my way of trying to be
kind to others by reducing list clutter.

> I don't understand. The logging package detects the function name without
> user intervention.

not in 2.4 afaik.  according to the docs for debug/info it the only
kwargs which is inspected is exc_info.

> Perhaps it's time to step back and explain what you want to achieve rather
> than how you proceed.

print a log message if a predicate yields true.

should be able to have different predicates.

the desired predicate is a match on class, method, and level number.
class and method should be found automatically by the logging predicate
code.

apologies again for violating your email protocol and thanks for the help.