using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files

daftspaniel at gmail.com daftspaniel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 17:44:26 EDT 2007

> The reason I want to do simulation but not just crawling is : we have
> to check many web pages' front page to see whether it conform to our
> visual standard, e.g, it should put a search box on the top part of
> the page. It's tedious for human work. So I want to 'crawl and save
> the visual presentation of the web site automatically', and check
> these image files later with human eyes.
>
> -Xiong

Hi Xiong,

I have been working on a program to do something very similar to
generate thumbnails of websites.

The code is in IronPython (which may put you off!) and would need
modified or scripted with pywinauto to deal with multiple images.

Let me know if it is of use to you and I will upload it.

Cheers,
Davy