XML based programming language

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 19 21:24:37 EDT 2007

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

> What you are after then is the usage of a validating parser, not just
> well-formed XML-documents.
>
> I'm not sure where element-tree stands regarding this, but I think 4suite
> offers DTD, W3C-Schema and Relax-NG support.

So he's effectively written his own validating parser, which
is a legitimate thing to do. His programming language likely
has constraints that can't be easily expressed using any of
the standard W3C buzzword-compliant validation mechanisms.

Also his validator has a chance to do other useful computation
along the way, such as semantic analysis and/or code generation.
That stuff has to be done anyway, and validation sort of comes
out of that for free. So inserting an extra validation step
might not be of any advantage.

--
Greg