Python Error :(

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:47:09 EDT 2007

On Mar 27, 8:19 am, "Legend" <rahul... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wasn't able to run a Python script. But then later I was able to run
> it through the Shell. I was experimenting with cron jobs and set up
> the python execution in as a cron. The first time it ran, It was fine
> but then after that, it started giving me some errors. Now when I try
> to run the script directly, I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "userbot.py", line 637, in ?
>     con = connect()
>   File "userbot.py", line 607, in connect
>     con.requestRoster()
>   File "user.py", line 531, in requestRoster
>     self.SendAndWaitForResponse(rost_iq)
>   File "user.py", line 326, in SendAndWaitForResponse
>     return self.waitForResponse(ID)
>   File "user.py", line 300, in waitForResponse
>     self.process(1)
>   File "xmlstream.py", line 459, in process
>     if not len(self.read()): # length of 0 means disconnect
>   File "xmlstream.py", line 398, in read
>     data_in=data_in+self._sslObj.read(BLOCK_SIZE).decode('utf-8')
> socket.sslerror: (6, 'TLS/SSL connection has been closed')
>
> Any help please?

I'll hazard a guess: Are you opening the socket explicitly when you
run this script?  If not, be sure to do so. And when you are finished
doing whatever it is you're doing, be sure to close it as well. You
may need to put in some kind of logic to check if the socket is still
open if you are transferring large files.

Mike