Wikipedia and a little piece of Python History

Paddy paddy3118 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:52:47 EDT 2007

On Mar 21, 10:31 pm, cla... at lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote:
> In article <1174508599.250404.176... at y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>

> Paddy <paddy3... at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> It (wikipedia) is a wiki, why not edit the page and paste it in?
>
> >> John
>
> >They have rules, and periodically trawl pages and clean them. I'd like
> >to stay within the rules.
>
> >- Paddy.
>
> Phaseit would be honored to memorialize a permanent URL for
> that post, or even the thread from which it's taken.  Is that
> an appropriate resolution, Paddy?

Thanks Cameron for the kind offer, but after Paul Ruben made me aware
that the initial edit was done by a rogue 'bot, I reverted the page to
its prior state.

Maybe, if you email Tim, he might welcome you adding his post to your
site anyway? - I think its wasted just being available as a newsgroup
search, and should at least be available somewhere on the official
Python website. Doctest is a great idea that is in harmony with the
language it is expressed in.

- Paddy.