monitoring the filesystem for changes

momobear wgwigw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 23:01:16 EDT 2007

> i have designed a desktop search utility in python and a file system
> monitoring using readdirectorychangesw from win32api but for eg. it
> has a high cpu utilization (using a 2GHz processor).
I don't think so. I just build a service to monitor a directory
changes using readdirectorychangesw, the cpu usage is not above 1.9%
for this service(my computer's cpu is 1.7GHz). if you still think 1.9%
is high cpu utilization, I think you can use the c to implements this
function, the cpu usage seems none for this application(I tried c dll
solution first).
Wish this help to you.

Wang Wei