function in a function accessing vars

Dustan DustanGroups at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:52:52 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 6:40 am, "Jorgen Bodde" <jorgen.maill... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Diez,
>
> Thanks, I thought it worked similar to C++ where a higher compound
> could access a lower section.

It can 'access a lower section'; what it can't do is *change* that
'lower section';  in your example case with an int, this matters
because ints are immutable. Lists, on the other hand, are mutable. You
can *access* the methods of the list that mutate it. You're always
working with the same list, but it has different contents when you
mutate it.