The Modernization of Emacs

Galen Boyer galen_boyer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 20:45:02 EDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, jadamson at partners.org wrote:

> The problem with this line of thinking is that it aims to make Emacs
> appeal to people -- I think it is rather the other way around.
> Certain people appeal to Emacs:  certain kinds of people like Emacs
> and the way it is set up, and they change it to suit their needs.

Emacs will always be for people who like to be able to constantly fiddle
with their environments which continues to increase the efficiency with
which they perform their tasks, increasing the # of tasks they can
perform and therefore increasing the # of peers it would take to equal
the amount of work they alone perform.  Most other environments will be
for those just trying to perform their tasks and staying even with the
average proficiency chart.

--
Galen Boyer