execute a function after each source code line ?

stef s.mientki at id.umcn.nl
Fri Jun 1 06:53:19 EDT 2007

Steve Howell wrote:
> --- stef <s.mientki at id.umcn.nl> wrote:
>
>> doing a simulation of another language (JAL),
>> I translate the other language into Python code,
>> then I execute this converted Python code.
>> [...]
>> (btw the whole program is running as an graphical
>> (wxPython) application)
>>

> I worked on an open source project that uses Python to
> intrepret another language (an educational language
> called Guido van Robot), and it also uses wxPython to
> allow the user to step through the program one line at
> a time, and the user gets quite visual feedback.
> Check out these screen shots, which hopefully
> illustrate something along the lines of what you're
> trying to achieve.
>
> http://gvr.sourceforge.net/screen_shots/

Steve,
that's exactly what I've in mind.
The screen shots, looks really good,
and I'll definitely will take a deeper look into your code.
I've one advantage over you,
the language I want to simulate (JAL),
is very Pascal like,
and therefor can be easily converted into equivalent Python code.

cheers,
Stef Mientki