Building a Python app with Mozilla

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Fri Jun 29 18:40:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've already sent this to the Komodo mailing list (which seemed to me
the more appropriate place) but unfortunately I got no response.

I'd like to build a Python GUI app. Neither Tkinter nor Wxpython nor
PyQT are actually what I want (because the lack of GUI builders and
they don't really look good on Windows and Linux).

Komodo itself is an excellent example of a - at least Python driven -
application that looks superb and has superior functionality so it
seems natural to use the Komodo approach for me.

Some questions

* Is there a simple How-To how to build a very simple (Python) app
with the Mozilla framework? Kind of "Hello world"...?

* Is is reasonable to think that building a GUI with Mozilla is easier
than using Python frameworks because Mozilla does most of the GUI
work?

Thorsten