file open default location

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jun 12 15:03:00 EDT 2007

En Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:48:32 -0300, <kyosohma at gmail.com> escribió:
> On Jun 12, 9:09 am, "Richard Brodie" <R.Bro... at rl.ac.uk> wrote:

>> If you open a DOS window and run Python from there, it will write the
>> files
>> in whatever directory you were in when you typed the command.
>>
>> If you are running Python directly from Windows, or from an IDE, it's up
>> to the OS or the IDE to decide what your default directory is. Often it
>> will be the home directory from your user profile.
>
> Oops. My bad. I didn't know that the IDE behaved differently than the
> DOS window.

You almost certainly use a shortcut to open the program, either in your
desktop or Start menu. Right click on it, choose Properties, Shortcut tab,
and see what it says for "Startup Directory" (or something like that).
That will be the original "current directory" when the program starts; but
it may be changed afterwards.

--
Gabriel Genellina