Invisible processes in Win2K

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jun 21 04:04:05 EDT 2007

henrik.garbergs at telia.com wrote:
> I'm running a Python program on M$ Windows 2000 as a test monitor. The program
> should close various processes, mostly "Application error"-windows, as they are
> created. This works fine until the screensaver gets active or until I press
> Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose "Lock my computer". At that point, my Python program
> cannot see any change when a "Application error" pops up. Without locked
> computer, it can identify these windows and close them, but I want it to do
> this with the computer locked as well.

I have no chance of checking this out the moment,
but ISTR that when a computer is locked, the
desktop is actually the desktop of a different
(special screensaver) session. Exactly what effect
this will have on your program I'm not sure; it
presumably depends on the interaction between
the session/desktop and the various .Enum<xxx>
routines.

TJG