Interpolation of a discrete 3D trajectory

Peter Beattie Peter.Beattie at web.de
Sun Jun 17 06:04:01 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a way to smooth out the edges of a 3D trajectory that is
really just a sequence of points in space. I've got co-ordinates just
like these:

0.072 -0.25 0.582
-0.036 -0.25 0.644
0.036 0.338 0.104

What I would like to have now is for the trajectory not to pass through
the individual points at a sharp angle, but to have an interpolated
curve instead.

Is there a reasonably easy way from, say, a 10 co-ordinate input to get
a 90 co-ordinate output with the 8 inner nodes replaced by a 10-point
quasi-curve?

(A cookbook recipe and SciPy didn't seem to contain obvious solutions.)

--
Peter