The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Twisted twisted0n3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:44:32 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2:28 pm, Giorgos Keramidas <keram... at ceid.upatras.gr>
wrote:
> > This is the lowly Notepad, which I'll freely admit is the rusty
> > bicycle of text editors, and it's much easier to use (including the
> > help) than the supposed Mercedes-Benz of editors.
>
> Isn't this always the case?  The 'interface' of a tiny bicycle is
> something which even very young kids can master pretty fast.  On the
> other hand, I'm relatively sure there's at least one valid reason we
> don't let pre-school aged children drive around Mercedes-Benz cars,
> isn't there?

And the myth of the bicycle being easy to learn persists. Did you know
that kids learn better than adults do? Why do kids pick up at least
one language without any conscious effort, while adults trying to
learn one more often struggle in night school?

I know people who find all kinds of vehicles easy to learn but never
mastered a bicycle (despite trying). People, plural, as in more than
one of them.

Anyway, I know which comes with a fatter manual -- the Benz...