The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

David Golden david.golden at oceanfree.net
Fri Jun 22 18:29:44 EDT 2007

WTF? Of course you can. http://oldr.net/emacs_two_frames.png

> I don't know why people keep harping about what version.

Perhaps because essentially none of the crap you're spouting corresponds
to remotely recent versions of emacs they're are aware of.  I'd be
increasingly dubious much applies to any previous versions either.

If everyone had such bizarre problems you describe yourself as having
with emacs, well, nobody would be using it.  That is clearly not the
case.  Of course, no one's pointing a gun at you and making you use it,
either - if you like notepad or joe or whatever, just use them instead.