Installing python under the linux

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jun 25 15:51:01 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-25, vedrandekovic at v-programs.com <vedrandekovic at v-programs.com> wrote:

> I have problem with installing Python on the Linux platform.Can you
> tell me step by step how can I install
> python on linux  ( please detailed ) , because I don't know anything
> about linux and I really don't understand
> python documentation about installing python on linux.

Virtually all general-purpose server or client Linux distros
already have Python installed.

If you've managed to find one that doesn't, then you've got two
choices:

  1) Install it using the package manager for the distro in
     question.

  2) Build/Install it from source.

For somebody who knows so little about Linux, I'd strongly
recommend option 1.  We can't give you step-by-step
instructions unless you tell us what distro you're running.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I just remembered
                                  at               something about a TOAD!