Adding method to a class on the fly

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 12:06:36 EDT 2007

> > But then how do I create the on_Button1_mouseClick function?
>
> That depends on what it is supposed to do, but in general you want a
> factory function -- a function that returns functions. Here's a simple
> example:

<snip>

Steven,

May be I didn't explain it clearly: the PythonCard package expects to
see a function by the name of on_Button1_mouseClick.  I don't do
anything to register the callback function.  The package assumes that
there is a function by that name whenever I create a button named
Button1.  So, if I don't use exec, how can I create a function by that
exact name?