Resize image NO PIL!!

cbmeeks cbmeeks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:34:38 EDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestions.  I checked out webfaction.com and they
looked nice.  Might move from Pair over there.

I think what I am going to do is splurge and go with Amazon's EC2 ($72/
month).  But it's root level access so I can do anything.

Last night I got a Python daemon running that monitored the MySQLdb
every 10 seconds (just for testing) and it would process "thumb_jobs"
by calling PIL.

Worked nicely.

I will have to experiment with tight batch control (as in, not
processing the same pic more than once) and threading.

cbmeeks
http://www.signaldev.com