The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Bjorn Borud borud-news at borud.no
Tue Jun 26 10:37:24 EDT 2007

[Robert Uhl <eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com>]

| Once again I am forced to wonder if you have _ever_ actually used
| emacs.  find-file has tab completion: hit tab without anything typed, and
| it displays _everything_ in the directory; type a few characters to
| narrow it down; hit tab to complete the filename and be done with
| it.

...and of course, in addition you have access to history so you can
easily find previous parameters and edit them.  this makes it very
efficient when you need to fiddle about in deep directory trees in a
way no GUI can yet offer.

...and then there's bookmarking, which is very good for keeping a set
of files (and locations) handy for quick access.

-Bjørn