Multiline lamba implementation in python.

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Tue Jun 12 10:12:03 EDT 2007

On 12 Jun., 14:57, Facundo Batista <facu... at taniquetil.com.ar> wrote:

> Remember that the *only* difference between the two functions is that
> one is anonymous, and for other you have to came up with a name (name
> that if is well thought, actually adds readibility to your code).

The difference is that one can be inlined since it is an expression
and the other has to be a statement and a reusable ( named )
abstraction even when you don't need one. I have a very hard time to
defend this as a good design decision even when it is just a minor
pain point in almost all my practical purposes.