Building a Python app with Mozilla

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Jun 30 11:18:10 EDT 2007

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've already sent this to the Komodo mailing list (which seemed to me
> the more appropriate place) but unfortunately I got no response.
>
> I'd like to build a Python GUI app. Neither Tkinter nor Wxpython nor
> PyQT are actually what I want (because the lack of GUI builders and
> they don't really look good on Windows and Linux).
>
> Komodo itself is an excellent example of a - at least Python driven -
> application that looks superb and has superior functionality so it
> seems natural to use the Komodo approach for me.

Komodo is not a Python application. It is a Mozilla application that
supports Python development. Komodo is more akin to Thunderbird and
Firefox than anything else; it uses the XUL framework for rendering
widgets, if I'm not mistaken. If you want to build an application like
Komodo, get a book on developing with the Mozilla framework (XUL, XPCOM,
and all that) and look at that. Python has little to do with that.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin